The Vice President for Enrollment Management has responsibility for leadership and management of undergraduate, admissions, and financial aid and transfer initiatives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Provides effective and stimulating leadership to all personnel in the Enrollment Management Division.
· Effectively manages by providing direct supervision, motivation, training and support to the Directors of the following offices: Admissions and Financial Aid.
· Assists directors of the Enrollment Management Division in the annual development, implementation, and evaluation of managerial objectives for their respective areas
· Promotes the efficiency of all enrollment management operations through the supervision of enrollment management budgets.
· Acts as advisor to the President in all enrollment management matters and serves as a member of the President’s Cabinet.
· Serves as ex officio member of the Board of Trustee’s Enrollment Management, Student Affairs and Building and Grounds Committee.
· Ensures that all pertinent policies established by the Board of Trustees, the University
· President and the President’s Cabinet are implemented and complied with by personnel in the Enrollment Management Division.
· Keeps the University President and the President’s Cabinet advised of all significant current problems or conditions affecting the Enrollment Management Division and makes appropriate recommendations for correction or improvement.
· Provides input to the University President and the President’s Cabinet that will expand their understanding of trends in higher education and aid in planning for the future development of the University.
· Promotes cooperative relations with the community; the general public; other universities; community colleges; and elementary, middle and secondary schools.
· Ensures, through personal leadership example and supervision, that all personnel and activities of the Enrollment Management Division project a favorable image of the University upon staff, student body, faculty and the general public.
· Coordinates enrollment management activities, functions and operations with the Divisions of Academic Affairs, Student Affairs, Finance and Institutional Advancement.
· Supervises the development and modification of job descriptions, training and cross training and personnel deployment of all staff employees in the Enrollment Management Division.
· Appoints such supervisors, project managers and councils as may be deemed necessary for the efficient conduct of the affairs of the Enrollment Management Division.
· Collaborates with Student Activities and Academic Affairs on the coordination of new student orientations and coordinates recruitment activities with appropriate offices and personnel.
· Develops and supervises plans to improve facilities and operational efficiency within the Enrollment Management Division.
· Influences the constituents of the University community toward greater sensitivity to opinions, needs and concerns of students.
· Supervises the development and exercises approval authority of all publications proposed for printing and distribution by the Enrollment Management Division.
· Evaluates the performance of each member of the enrollment management staff in terms of program goal achievement and personal development.
· Prepares and submits the Enrollment Management Division input to the University annual budget, and provide the required supervision to ensure that all elements of the Enrollment Management Division’s budget are properly and prudently administered.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Substantial experience with contemporary enrollment management practices and be astute observers of market trends in higher education.
· Must be analytical, data-informed and results-oriented.
· Demonstrated strong leadership, communication, marketing, planning and organizational skills.
· Skilled public speaker.
· Skilled at developing staff, fostering teamwork and managing change.
· Familiarity with graduate student and non-traditional student recruitment.
Vice President for Enrollment Management Enrollment Management Direct Reports
· Directors of Admissions and Financial Aid
· Other duties as assigned
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
· Education and Experience: Master’s degree and ten years of progressive experience in Enrollment Management and Retention.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Ability to travel to various locations.
· Prior positions in Admissions, Financial Aid, and Registrar, Academic Counseling and/or administrative experience at the college level are preferred.
· A commitment to the missions and strategic plan of Wilberforce University is required.
· Public speaking skills required.
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Vice President for Enrollment Management position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com