The Special Assistant to the President is a professional who works directly to assist and support the President with a wide range of responsibilities and special projects. The individual will possess personality and liveliness to complement a dynamic executive team that has made notable progress to advance the institutional direction. This is an administrative role that operates at the discretion and the direction of the President to include, but not limited to the following:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as an intermediary for the President for a variety of internal and external constituencies;
- Supports and attends with the President various University events, community functions and other initiatives as assigned;
- Supports the President in preparing or securing materials needed for attending events both on campus and off-campus;
- Local travel and some after-hours required;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in higher education required;
- The incumbent must possess high ethical standards and demonstrate excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage high-priority events simultaneously;
- Awareness of the importance and sensitivity of the presidential liaison function;
- Must have a background which demonstrates the high energy level required by the position;
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively to prepare, collect and organize information in a concise, logical and timely manner;
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external constituencies of the College;
- Must be able to adapt quickly to change and work flexible hours to meet the needs of the position.
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Special Assistant to the President position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.