Wilberforce University is seeking to hire a part-time Data Analyst to assist in its renaissance as a premier liberal arts institution. The successful candidate is expected to data mine the university operating system (Banner) and other University databases, extract key information and develop succinct reports using appropriate analytical and statistical tools. These reports should convey information understandable to a variety of audiences. Furthermore, the successful candidate will be required to assist in the construction, maintenance and integration of secure unit-specific databases as requested by University administrators. Due to the sensitive nature of the work, confidentiality of all information is paramount.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The successful candidate should have at minimum a BS or BA in an appropriate field including statistics, mathematics, computer information systems or institutional research.
- Graduate work is preferred but not required.
- Experience with institutions of higher education is preferred but not required.
- The successful candidate should have excellent analytical and writing skills and be comfortable at displaying complex information in graphical and other appropriate forms.
- Must be proficient in scripting languages (Matlab or python), Excel, statistical languages (SAS, R or SPSS) and querying languages (SQL, Hive or Pig).
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Data Analyst position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org