A "student member" is one who is enrolled and regularly attending at least 12 credit hours of University course work.
"Registered group" status is given to those student organizations which register with the Director of Student Activities. In order to be registered, a group must include at least six (6) persons in good academic and disciplinary standing and currently enrolled for 12 credit hours.
A "group function" is an event, meeting, or a gathering sponsored by a registered group.
Registered groups are responsible for the conduct of their members and guests at group functions as well as for all costs incurred at such events.
Registration permits an organization to use Director of Student Activities For assistance in scheduling the university services and facilities. Registration does not imply either University approval or disapproval of the organization's purposes. Until an organization has been officially registered, it can not hold meetings except for organizational purposes. In addition, it can not post any materials, displays, etc. which uses the organization name.
The following criteria must be adhered to:
- All organizations must register at the beginning of each semester with the Director of Student Activities (See Organization Registration Form in Appendices).
- Current constitution must be on file in the Office of Student Activities.
- Names of members of said organization must be submitted.
- Names of officers of said organization must be submitted.
- Name(s) of the advisor(s) of said organization must be submitted.
- If there are any, a listing of Membership Intake Activities must be submitted for consideration or approval. Once the organization is registered it has the privileges and benefits allowed by the Student Government Association (SGA) President's Council Board.
- Students must be registered for at least 12 credit hours.
- Students must maintain satisfactory scholastic standing of at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Students can not be on disciplinary probation.
- Must be currently employed as a full time member of the university's faculty or staff.
- Must attend the organization's meetings and supervise all activities.
- Must request monies and document usage.
- All registered student organizations are required to adhere to the Ohio Hazing Law and the University Hazing Policy.
- All membership activities are limited to once a year.
- The names of the students being considered and the procedures for membership intake must be submitted to the Director of Student Activities. The list of names and the specific procedures must be in writing and submitted and signed by the advisor.
NOTE: For Greek membership requirements, please refer to the Greek Intake Handbook, which can be obtained from the Director of Student Activities.
- Any organization/group requesting to use the campus facilities must obtain the Activity/Facility Request Form from the Office of Student Activities.
- All social events on the Wilberforce campus will end no later than 11:00 p.m. during the week, and 2:00 a.m. on weekends (excluding Homecoming and Dawn Dance).
- Appropriate supervisory personnel must be present at all social events. It is expected that the advisor to the registered student organization will be in attendance as well.
- Exceptions to this rule may be granted by the Dean of Students. The organization requesting an exemption must do so in writing no later than five days prior to the scheduled event.
The University has the right to deny entry to anyone they deem unsuitable (e.g. intoxicated, abusive). Any violation of the policies will subject the event to an immediate cancellation or termination, and possible denial to the sponsoring organization of authorization to schedule future events.
- University parties are held in the Multiplex.
- Only registered organizations can request the facility for the said usage.
- Parties must begin at the earliest 10:00 pm and end at 2:00 am (excluding Homecoming and Dawn Dance).
- Advisors or their designee (university personnel or grad chapter member) must be present.
- Security coverage by the university must be provided.
- No more than 700 students will be allowed entry into the party.
- Anyone entering the party will be subject to search by metal detectors.
- Paid admittance will be accepted until 1:00 am.
- The organization will be responsible for the clean-up of said facility after the activity (Refer to Cleaning Checklist).