Fifty three Wilberforce University students were inducted into the Wilberforce University Optimist Club during a chartering ceremony on September 17. The Optimist Club is a service organization devoted to children. The ceremony was attended by Optimist International officials across the state of Ohio and Wilberforce University leadership: President Patricia Hardaway and Dr. Jo-Ann Robinson, Vice President of Student Development/Enrollment.
The Wilberforce University Optimist Club has identified seven areas to focus their work with youth during the 2012-2013 academic year.
For further information, please contact:
- Health & Fitness (includes Relay/Sports/Kickball)
- Reverse Mentoring & Tutoring
- Outreach Ministry (Juvenile System, Foster Home, Adopt-A-Kid, Thanksgiving Baskets, Children’s Hospital Volunteerism, Toy Donations at Christmas)
- College Tours/Applications/Scholarships
- Field Trips & Camp Outs (including Skating, Bowling Parties)
- Youth Creativity (Show & Tell, Talent Shows, Kids Carnival)
- Religion (Bible Study)
Eppechal T. Smalls, M.A.
Vice President for Development