- To provide safety and security services, protecting the President, personnel and property by enforcing the laws and policies of the State of Ohio and Wilberforce University.
- Alarm systems, and communication equipment, dispatching staff as needed. Implements university access control procedures at entrances.
- Responds to emergency calls, making initial assessments of situations using tact, diplomacy and judgment.
- Resolves violent and potentially violent situations.
- Provides security and protection to university, visitors, staff and students by patrolling all campus areas
- Current Ohio Peace Officer Certification
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License
- Prior police/security experience utilizing Community Policing Philosophies
- Must be able to speak and communicate effectively and in a professional manner
- Able to work flexible hours
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must submit to drug test
- Must submit to a background check
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Campus Police Officer position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.