The Admissions’ System and Data Specialist is responsible for completing a complex series of processes to transmit, import, upload/download data files. Responsibility includes review and resolution of ambiguity matching of Transcripts from Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse and other electronic providers of official transcripts, SAT and ACT test scores. Compose and maintain up-to-date written procedures for all data functions and activities. Monitor satisfaction of requirements which comprise a “complete” applicant file in Banner. Monitor and review daily reports to resolve issues by communicating with students with mismatched or multiple records. Coordinate activities to resolve errors through interactions with Director and Counselors each semester. Transfer electronic applicant files to Registrar each semester at matriculation. Contributing to other activities and functions in support of UNCSA’s mission and enrollment goals and engaging in training and professional development activities to enhance and support major job responsibilities. Complete additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Vice President of Enrollment Management.
STANDARDS & EXPECTATIONS:
- Expectations of the job:
- Work consists of a variety of complex inter-related tasks. Normal physical dexterity is required. The work is generally performed in an office setting. Probationary period is one year.
- Employee is expected to participate in activities that will help in the development of his/her career and help in the performance of the job.
- Training is available to help improve the skill and knowledge level, and for updates on the latest techniques, methods and theories that are being used in the industry.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Research and resolve duplicates in Admissions data systems
- Monitor daily data transmissions including applications (incoming) and communications (outgoing) and resolve any issues
- Assist with troubleshooting and resolution of technical issues in Admission systems
- Maintain admissions master active program list updating Admissions systems where necessary
- Implement new application workflow rules and business processes in accordance with academic catalog changes
- Assist with maintaining and building online application system
- Assist Admissions team with resolving technical issues on behalf of applicants
- Develop and implement testing plans for system patches, updates, and new releases
- Assist with creating, scheduling, and running reports for troubleshooting and quality control
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of documentation for Admissions systems where necessary
- Provide daily reports on decisions, incompletes and progression
- Management oversight for Admissions Data Entry Processor
- Temporary duties and special projects will be assigned by Vice President in supporting the overall enrollment goals and the mission and vision of the University.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Must have good work ethic and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational and time management skills in dealing with large workloads
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under tight deadlines
- Ability to sit – frequently
- Ability to bend or stoop – occasionally
- Ability to communicate via, speech, hearing and sight – frequently
- Ability to climb or reach overhead – occasionally
- Ability to lift or move objects up to 25lbs. – occasionally
- Ability to walk reasonable distances – occasionally
- Ability to quickly learn and use specific business software and hardware
- Demonstrated ability to work skillfully and cooperatively with faculty, staff and student representatives
- Considerable knowledge of the operation and care of commonly used office equipment and machines
- Respond to changing needs and balance competing priorities
- Establish and maintain working relationships
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of documentation
- Dedication to students, commitment to excellence in creating and providing student support services and ensuring student success.
- Commitment to working in a collaborative environment with other team members.
- 1 – 2 years job related experience;
- High School diploma required;
- Experience with Student Information Systems
- Must have experience with a variety of software programs including, but not limited to, Excel, PowerPoint, and other applications and technology;
- High energy, attention to detail, and the ability to remain organized;
- Ability to focus, prioritize, and multi-task in a fast-paced work environment;
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Admissions System and Data Specialist position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.