The major objectives of the Admissions Recruiter are to identify, recruit, and enroll students whose educational needs can be realized by Wilberforce University.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Represent the University at college fairs, church event s, alumni activities, and related recruitment activities for an assigned geographic area. Extensive overnight travel required for up to a week at a time, particularly throughout the fall and spring semesters.
2. Meet annual recruitment goals with regard to prospects, applications, admin, and matriculates as set forth by the Director of Admissions.
3. Implement recruitment strategies for assigned recruitment territory including written communications, telephone contacts, high school/alumni relations, tours, and detailed activity reports.
4. Participate in the coordination and facilitation of annual fall and spring campus visitation programs and annual counselor’s luncheon.
5. Commitment to participation on the university’s Enrollment Management Team.
6. Review and evaluate candidates for admission including personal interviews, phone interviews, and file review.
7. Participate in the planning and facilitating of the enrollment telemarketing programs.
8. Assist with the university’s effort to actively recruit students from two-year and community colleges.
9. Other duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Bachelor’s degree required with 2-3 years’ recruitment experience. Knowledge of the Banner System; strong interpersonal and communication skills; willingness to work in a team environment. Must be able to travel and stay overnight for extended periods; maintain professional appearance. Must be able to articulate the mission of Wilberforce University.
Must have a reliable car, valid driver’s license, and able to rent from major car rental agencies.
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Admissions Recruiter position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org