Shared Administrative Assistant for the Executive Vice President and the Vice President of Institutional Advancement.
This is a dynamic position is situated in the Office of the Executive Vice President but is a shared position between the Executive Vice President, and Vice President for Institutional Advancement. The position provides the following supports and manages the following.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- To provide comprehensive administrative support.
- Manage calendars and scheduling of EVP and VP.
- Support in cultivating and maintaining relationships with community, other universities, industry partners and potential investors aimed at enhancing the University’s Institutional Prominence.
- Assist with travel arrangements.
- Support in arranging complex and high level meetings (including teleconferences and videoconferences, meeting room bookings and meeting requirements, and catering).
- Assist with timely processing of expense reports, purchase orders for areas overseen by EVP and VP
- Assist with external and internal correspondence including telephone inquiries and recording actions, requests or responses.
- Assist with communications and correspondence to various constituents.
- Manage front desk operations in the EVP (primary location).
- Assist with general administration duties such as filing, binding of documents and distribution of signed/approved documents.
- Oversee student staff.
- Prepare meeting and presentation materials and distribute copies of materials for as necessary.
- Manage various databases such as RazorsEdge, CampusLabs, Banner, Canvas, etc.
- Provide Support for the Engagement Committee
- Assist with special programs that include Homecoming, Dawn Dance, Campaigns, New Student Orientation, and Board of Trustee Meetings.
- Maintain contact and mailing list.
- Support Board of Trustee Meetings and Committees
- Serve as Transportation Services Coordinator for academic experience.
- Manage transportation communication.
- Problem solve to ensure academic transportation operational efficiency.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate a strong sense of integrity and can practice confidentiality/privacy. Demonstrate strong communication skills, with an emphasis on writing.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills being courteous when interacting with others to create a positive work environment and client experience.
- Demonstrate superior organizational skills.
- Demonstrate writing skills that utilize good grammar, accuracy, and maintain a professional tone.
- Demonstrate substantial skill set in working with databases and word suites.
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Administrative Assistant position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.