Henderson Hall Updates
Unfortunately, at the end of January, Henderson Hall experienced damage that resulted in the relocation of all Henderson Hall residents. Over the past few weeks via email to the residents of Henderson Hall, we have communicated the phases of discovery and repair. This webpage is dedicated to providing updates on the progress of repair for Henderson Hall. Please check here periodically for further updates to Henderson Hall.
Timeline of Communication
January- February 5, 2019
Students were informed weekly through email, the current assessment process of Henderson Hall. Students were provided with a stipend to wash clothes and transportation to the local laundry mat.
February 8-9, 2019
Students were informed contractors are ready to begin repairs and that they must box up any remaining items in the room, so we can begin the process. Students were informed stipend to wash clothes was available.
February 12-15, 2019
Students may report damaged items via the Henderson Claim Form until Monday, February 18, 2019. Please note claims will be reviewed, then students will receive notification of the status of claims. Students will be notified by March 1, 2019, of their claim status. The University will distribute approved requests by March 1, 2019. No extensions to the deadline will be allowed.
February 25, 2019
Henderson Hall Resident Meeting
Students were hosted by President Elfred Anthony Pinkard regarding the current status of Henderson Hall. The status of Henderson Hall progress will be presented in Milestones.
April 26, 2019 Pre-Open House from 11-4pm.
June 1 Currently placing students for the 2019/20 academic year. Please ensure you have your submitted your housing request form.
Milestone 1: Remediation of the Building:
· ServePro Restoration Services completed the remediation & drying out of the building.
· This milestone focused on stopping any environmental damage caused by the water
Milestone Completed on February 8th, 2019
Milestone 2: Selection of General Contractor:
· The University received & reviewed bids from two contractors during the week of February 8th, 2019
· Paul Davis of Dayton was selected as the General Contractor to complete the restoration of the building based on their experience and detailed estimate of all repairs needed for the project
Milestone Completed February 8, 2019
Milestone 3: Completion of First & Second Floor Repair: (Current Milestone)
· The Materials for this area have been ordered and are being delivered to the site 2/19/2019
· The progress on completion of repairs will be slowed if resident content items are not removed since there are still many personal content items in the affected rooms. Currently, engaging students and asking for the removal of items.
Milestone Completed March 22, 2019
Milestone 4: Completion of Third & Fourth Floor Repair:
· The materials will be ordered with an expected start date of March 4, 2019
Once the repairs begin a schedule will be produced detailing the process for this milestone, the current estimated substantial completion is April 13, 2019, which may change once repairs begin.
Milestone 5: Punch list & Final Repairs all Floors:
· Process of reviewing all work completed and required per the initial bid by Paul Davis
· Paul Davis to complete a list of items that consist of remaining minor repairs
Expected Completion week of April 26, 2019
Milestone 6: Final Inspection & Approval: Estimated completion April 30, 2019
Please check back for more updates will follow… Thank you for your patience and understanding. The claims process is now closed.