Admission of freshmen to Wilberforce is based on:
1. High school grade-point average of 2.00 or above.
2. Required documentation:
- Official high school transcripts (unless otherwise specified by admissions department exception).
- Transfer students must have their college transcripts on file before they can be accepted
4. SAT or ACT score (no set score is required, but a score must be submitted).
5. Completion of a minimum of 15 units of credit in high school courses including the following:
- 4 units of English
- 2-3 units of Mathematics
- 2 units of Social Studies
- 3-5 units of additional courses (In some combination of computer science, fine arts, foreign languages, or further courses in the above areas).
6. Two letters of recommendation as follows:
- One letter from a high school instructor (preferably an English instructor).
- One letter from a school administrator (principals, guidance counselors, deans).
7. A complete five-paragraph type-written essay entitled "What Goals I Plan to Accomplish Through a College Education."