Admission of freshmen to Wilberforce is based on:
1. High school grade-point average of 2.00 or above.
2. Rank in the upper two thirds of class.
3. SAT or ACT score (no set score is required, but a score must be submitted)
4. Completion of a minimum of 15 units of credit in high school courses including the following:
* 4 units of English
* 2-3 units of Mathematics
* 2 units of Social Studies
* 3-5 units of additional courses (In some combination of computer science, fine arts, foreign languages, or further courses in the above areas.)
5. Two letters of recommendation as follows:
* One letter from a teacher (preferably an English teacher)
* One letter from a school administrator (principals, guidance counselors, deans)
6. A complete five-paragraph type-written essay entitled "What Goals I Plan to Accomplish Through a College Education."
Congratulations on your acceptance to Wilberforce University-where belonging is easy and excellence is expected. Attending Wilberforce makes you a lifelong member of an elite group of distinguished individuals who, like you, chose to begin their adult lives here. The shared Wilberforce experience transcends time and distance to create a network of support that will be available to you wherever you may go.
At Wilberforce, you'll discover facets of yourself you never knew were there. Distractions fade away in our peaceful surroundings, giving you the space you need to look within…as fresh ideas excite your intellect…as extraordinary mentors awaken new ambitions…as professional work experiences ignite career possibilities… as fellow students invite you to lead.